Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkins in the Fall

Here it is!





All done except for the hand finishing of the binding. The quilting in this was inspired by some of my favorite designers. Anne Bright, Maple Winds; Deb Geissler, Lonestar Swirls diamond, pear meander, and Dancing Leaves; Patricia Ritter, leaves and acorns; and a couple of pumpkin arrangements by yours truly. One of my specialties is to take elements from the fabric in a quilt and make up my own quilting designs. I used the pumpkin fabric, the leaves and flowers and made an arrangement that would fit in a triangle for the center and the points on the center star. Of course it's almost invisible to the naked eye, but if you turn it over and look at the muslin backing, it shows clearly and vividly. Why do all that work for quilting that doesn't show? Well, as you can see in some of the pictures, when there is side-lighting, such as the morning sun beaming in the bedroom window, the quilting actually does show lovely with the highs and lows of the quilt sandwich. I did not use a highly visible thread either. That way the beautiful fall fabrics are not covered up with intricate designs. It is my favorite time of year and these are my favorite colors! Check out my Picasa Album for pictures. and ThankYou for looking. May you be inspired beyond your imagination.

No comments:

I am Bonnie Russell, owner and quilter, and my business is making beautiful quilts and making quilts beautiful. NABQC came about as a partnership between the love of sewing and hazelnut farming. That's how the name was chosen. My husband, Fred, is the nut farmer, and I do the sewing using many bolts of fabulous fabric. My studio is located in Dundee, Oregon, the beautiful Willamette Valley, in the center of a hazelnut orchard. Experience came with 42 years of dress making, 40 years of marriage to my wonderful, loving, supportive husband (34 years of nut farming), 25 years of raising three daughters, and now we have seven grandchildren to mentor in Future Quilters of America!

With a Statler Stitcher and Gammill Optimum Plus longarm quilting machine, a 14 foot table, and the drawing program AutoSketch, no project is too big or too small. Anything from hand guided meandering to custom digitized designs can be applied to a project to complete that labor of love.


This blog is to temporarily serve as a source of information until a website is produced. It contains pricing, products, helpful hints, pictures, inspirations, and who knows what else will show up. Thank you for reading and I hope you will find it helpful.

Tale of a Dog

Followers