Monday, October 31, 2011

New Recipe: Apricot sauce for pork or chicken

Apricot preserves 3/4 cup
Dried apricots 10 or 12 halves
Slivered almonds 1/2 cup
Balsamic vinegar 1 teaspoon
Pinch of salt or 1/2 teaspoon chicken base

Place the preserves in a small saucepan on medium heat. Snip the apricots into small pieces with kitchen shears and add to pan. As the glaze starts to bubble, stir in the vinegar and whichever "saltiness" you are adding. The mixture can bubble on medium until it reduces, thickens, and darkens a bit. Taste and adjust the flavor. I added a dribble more vinegar to cut the sweetness a bit. Add the slivered almonds.



This recipe was shared by Linda on the APQS forum. She served hers with pork tenderloin slices. I'm oven roasting a chicken. Actually instead of preserves, I cooked up some dried apricots, pureed them and finished them in a small crockpot. I'm planning to use 3/4 cup of this and follow her recipe. Are you as hungry as I am? Enjoy...



No comments:

I am Bonnie Russell, owner and quilter, and my business is making beautiful quilts and making quilts beautiful. NABQC came about as a partnership between the love of sewing and hazelnut farming. That's how the name was chosen. My husband, Fred, is the nut farmer, and I do the sewing using many bolts of fabulous fabric. My studio is located in Dundee, Oregon, the beautiful Willamette Valley, in the center of a hazelnut orchard. Experience came with 42 years of dress making, 40 years of marriage to my wonderful, loving, supportive husband (34 years of nut farming), 25 years of raising three daughters, and now we have seven grandchildren to mentor in Future Quilters of America!

With a Statler Stitcher and Gammill Optimum Plus longarm quilting machine, a 14 foot table, and the drawing program AutoSketch, no project is too big or too small. Anything from hand guided meandering to custom digitized designs can be applied to a project to complete that labor of love.


This blog is to temporarily serve as a source of information until a website is produced. It contains pricing, products, helpful hints, pictures, inspirations, and who knows what else will show up. Thank you for reading and I hope you will find it helpful.

Tale of a Dog

Followers